- About Us
- Prep School
- Beyond the Classroom
- News & Events
- Support Us
- Contact Us
During these unprecedented times, The Beacon continues to light the way for our boys and our Community. We have embraced this opportunity to innovate and to develop new ways of working collaboratively and we share with you this exciting new phase of our School’s Teaching and Learning – #BeaconExcellence: Online.
The Beacon’s mission has always been to inspire our boys to achieve their full academic potential coupled with the strongest pastoral support. These are both at the core of our latest online initiative.
#BeaconExcellence: Online provides:
• Timetables for all based on each boy’s normal Beacon timetable
• Live lessons in Microsoft Teams combined with a comprehensive range of pre-recorded lessons
• Additional activities in Music, Drama, Cooking & Nutrition and Art
• Live Tutor Time each morning where boys receive important pastoral support
• Daily interaction with class and subject teachers, Form Tutors and, importantly, fellow classmates
• Assemblies, videos and podcasts from our Headmaster and Heads of Sections each week
• Access to our in-house counsellor every day (available to boys and their families)
The successful launch of #BeaconExcellence: Online is a true embodiment of The Beacon’s School values of Integrity, Respect, Achievement, Wellbeing and Courage.
The collaboration between our parents, boys and staff has been outstanding and we are delighted to have been inundated with positive feedback from our Community. Together we can continue to enable our boys to ‘be the best they can be’, as well as to support each other through an ever-changing world.
Will Phelps, Headmaster